Careers at Aviation Technologies
Customer Service Representative
Aviation Technologies, Inc., located at the Wilkes-Barre Scranton International Airport is looking for a part-time customer service representative to work at the service counter in the FBO and airline ticket counter at the airport. Must be flexible with availability, hours are not set, we are a 365 day per year operation. Part-time consists of approximately 20 hours per week and may include weekends and holidays.
Professional customer service skills are necessary, along with the ability to multitask and perform daily work accurately. Must be able to handle conflicts, assist handicapped passengers, have the ability to stand continuously for up to 4 hours and lift up to 60 pounds. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and accounting is a plus. Willing to train the right candidate.
Job Type: Part-time
Line Service Technician
Aviation Technologies, Inc. is looking for a part-time Line Service Technician. In this job you will prepare aircraft for flight and customer acceptance, service fuel and oil tanks, fuel aircraft, perform deicing procedures, assist crew and passengers with luggage, connect ground support equipment for air conditioning, heating and power. You must be able to observe all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
You will frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach, grasp, and carry objects. The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid driver's license, exceptional customer service skills, be self motivated and have a self-starting attitude. Must have excellent communication and math skills and the physical ability to stand or walk for long periods of time. Position includes working in inclimate weather.
Job Type: Part-time
Customer Service Agent - Ground Operation Agent
This position is responsible for providing customer service to all customers, including scheduled or charter services. Responsibilities will also include ground operations, aircraft cleaning, security, operations duties as required.
What are some of the daily duties of a CSA/GOA?
- Process tickets, check baggage, monitor carry-on baggage for size and quantity, and assign seats
- Provide information on arrival and departure times, boarding procedures, carry-on regulations, and seating arrangements
- Customer service and able to handle denied boarding situations, solicit volunteers, re-accommodate customers and provide hotel, meal, and taxi vouchers when appropriate
- Ensure FAA, Allegiant Air and airport regulations are followed
- Enforce safety/security measures and monitors safety sensitive zones
- Assist Customers with special needs and Customers who need assistance in boarding
- Load and unload baggage of various weight and dimensions
- Marshal in the planes and equipment
- Operate heavy, motorized machinery/equipment including, but not limited to tugs, tractors, belt loaders, bag carts, pushback tractors, deicers, etc.
- Computer based training completion and ensure training requirements are meet
- Other duties as assigned
What are the minimum requirements to be a CSA/GOA?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year Customer Service experience or the equivalent in related training and/or experience; Airline industry preferred
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a CSA/GOA?
- Basic computer skills; Knowledge of general office equipment
- Must be people oriented, highly motivated with a positive and friendly attitude
- Must be available to work varied hours including nights, weekends and holidays and must be able to stay late for irregular operations
- Ability to read and write English
- Must be well groomed and adhere to dress code policy
- Work in extreme outdoor conditions
- Ability to push/pull/lift up to 100 lbs on a continuous basis
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
- Able to attend required training
- TRAINEE STATUS: Upon offer of employment, you will remain in trainee status until successful completion of all practical and written curriculum is completed
What are the physical requirements of a CSA/GOA?
Must be able to push/pull 100 pounds. Must be able to pick up 70 pounds, from the floor to waist level or higher then carry it in front of you with both hands for a distance of up to 25 feet and have the ability to lift that same weight above shoulders on a continuous basis; must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time. Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
Job Type: Part-time